So, I spent last week cooped up with Austin. He started with a headache on Monday and by Tuesday we were running fever of 103. No medicine would touch the fever. That lasted for 4 days. By Saturday, he was starting to feel better and be able to do more than lay around without getting worn out! Poor guy!
So Shane had cedar fever (counts were in the thousands..which is really high!) but by Sat. he was laid up. Then Friday night, Nicholas was complaining of headache...I knew what was coming! Thank Heaven for Shane's work! I called a nurse and they called in Tamiflu...expensive stuff!!! but worth every penny!!! Nicholas was feeling better by Sunday night and doesn't have the lingering cough and runny nose that Austin and Shane share!
Needless to say I was going CRAZY by Sat....3 sick boys in one house is 3 too many! So Amy had a Valentine party to go to, so Gemma and I headed to the mall for an hour!
I'm not such a fan of Claire's but Gemma can spend hours in there and she had a gift certificate from her bday, so that's what we did. BTW...I shouldn't have gotten rid of all my chunky funky colored jewelry from the 80's! It's back with a vengeance...as well as leg warmers...Olivia Newton John anyone?!
So, Amy is invited to this Valentine party...It was out of control, but fun! I'm just glad I didn't have to throw it! All these cute cheeses and meat cut into heart shapes, chocolate covered cherries that looked like mice and so much more! They made love shacks (gingerbread houses) and decorated them with all kinds of valentine stuff. It was a really fun party. The lady who threw it is really fun, but way more energy than anyone should be allowed to have!
Gemma and Amy are doing hip hop. Somehow I managed to find a place that believes little girls should dress and dance like little girls and does a recital on Sat. To top it off, they have the recital in 3-4 different times during the day so you only sit for 30-45 minute...Your child and a couple other classes! Who knew there was a place like this for reasonable cost!!
Anyway, that's what happening with us! I don't know how the girls managed to not get the flu, but we are thanking our lucky stars! (Well, Gemma wants to miss school, but I told her the pain wasn't worth it!)
Hope all are doing well!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Flu infestation 2008
Posted by Texas Dimons at 1:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

039_edited-1.jpg)
3 comments:
It sounds like a rockin week!
OK...can the flu be passed just by reading a blog?? Now Kendie has the flu!!! I hope we don't all get it!! We should have all bought stock in Tylenol & Motrin!! Needless to say, my over-busy lifestyle has come to a SCREECHING halt!! :o)
Oh no! You need to start drinking hand sanitizer...so sorry, hope everyone gets feeling better and stays healthy!
Post a Comment