So I have been meaning to update all week. Austin got sick, so that has been keeping me busy! Anyway, the girls and I headed out for the concert. We got down there in pretty good time, but it's been so long since I have been to anything downtown Austin that I forgot to bring cash to pay for parking etc. So after driving by about 5 parking places and getting turned away at one because it was full, the girls were getting nervous! (I was a bit frustrated, but I knew we'd park somewhere!) So I drove to campus and found a parking space right away! It was a little bit of a walk, but who doesn't need exercise!
On the way to the door we see Miley Cyrus's tour bus. The girls got to take a picture in front of it, so that was exciting!
So we get in to the Erwin Center and I find the ATM...a long line of course! After waiting and getting cash for those t-shirts we head to our seats. The girls thought it was pretty cool because we were past the chains to the floor. Our seats were really good! We were a little to the side, but close enough to see faces and everything! We didn't have long to wait before Aly and Aj come out to start the show. (I guess taking a long time to park means less wait time for start of show!!!) The girls loved it! There was the intermission, then Hannah Montana came on. The girls had a great time and it was fun to watch them enjoy it so much. I haven't been to a concert in so long! I forget how loud it can get...I guess 20,000 preteen girls screaming doesn't help either!! Part way through a song I ran out and got the girls t-shirts...no line there at that time! and I was able to get a closer to the stage to get a better picture for the girls!
After the show we headed out...the good thing about where we parked is no lines to get out! I think I am going to park there from now on!!! I don't mind the walk and anything to avoid traffic! (Plus it was $3 versus $5 and $10!)
We had a great time! I'm glad we could go.
Shane and I have to speak in church on the 10th...maybe I'll do more than 5 minutes this time! We'll see how I feel that day! :) any ideas on prayer? that's the topic!
Well, I need to go check on Austin.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Concert Update
Posted by Texas Dimons at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

039_edited-1.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment