Dimon Family

1 Longhorn + 1 Longhorn = 4 cute longhorns!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Best Birthday Dinner!

Tonight Shane took me to a restaurant called Jasper's...let me add an aside here...Shane and I went to a thank you to the media of Austin in July/Aug sometime. They gave away gift baskets from businesses around Austin and we won one...(most likely because Shane was there too...I don't win anything! :) In this basket was a gift card for dinner for two at Jasper's. So we took advantage of it for my birthday!
This place is AWESOME! It's a new special night out place! Since it was all paid for we tried it all! Appetizer, salad, entree and dessert! Everything from the food, to the atmosphere to the service was great! If you watch Iron Chef, you will appreciate this place! The chef who started it in Dallas beat Bobby Flay on the Iron Chef.
I totally felt like a judge on Iron Chef. The presentation of the food was amazing and it made you want to try it all! I am not a seafood eater...apparently (apart from the crab) I have never eaten seafood cooked right. I tried the Rock Shrimp...which was yummy and even tried Shane's tuna...which just melted in my mouth...If I could have gotten past the fact that it was raw tuna I probably would have eaten another bite!
I ordered focaccia bread (yummy!), the house salad (amazing pecan pieces on it), and the baby back ribs (fall off the bones literally!).
Right now I am enjoying the Butterfinger Creme Brulee. It had a homemade piece of butterfinger on it and the whole thing is amazing! I can't wait to try the other 2 "mini" desserts in the fridge!
I think my favorite part (besides the food) was the server. He always said "Of course" when you told him what you want...as if there was no other choice and your choice was the best there was! or "My pleasure" I have to say I love it when I am told this...When Shane and I were on vacation once, every person at the hotel said, "My pleasure"...it makes me feel as if I am the most important person in the world...This also makes me think that I should be saying this to my children...It might help me have a better attitude...I've yet to do it though! :)
Anyway...the best part of the evening was when they said..."The check is covered." We practically had to beg the waiter to let us leave a tip!
All in all it was a good "21st" birthday! ;)
(I was going to put pictures of the food up, but I can't get them off the website...you'll just have to go here to check it out!)

13 comments:

The Roberts said...

Happy Late Birthday apparently. When was the big day??

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! i want to go to austin to eat at jaspers! it sounds wonderful. fyi: i don't win anything either! :{

Kelly said...

No way! I am so bummed to have missed your birthday! I didn't see you on the list for November birthdays at church! When was it or is it? In any case, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! That meal and service at Jasper's sound incredible. I want to go there!

Texas Dimons said...

Buddy and Kelly my birthday was yesterday the 11th.

Kelly said...

I can't believe it. You were not on the birthday list! I'm REALLY sorry. I'll make it up to you.

Lonna said...

Well I didn't know that you had a blog. I feel so out of the loop. But I am here now and I really like it.

Uh Happy Birthday. I apologize I had no idea it was your special day. It sounds like you had a great night out, the food you described made me really hungry. And who wouldn't want to be treated like the most important person on earth all the time. "Of course."

Can't wait to read more things on your really cute blog.

Carrie said...

Ooooh, that all sounds so good, except for the raw tuna. Yuck. I don't care how good it tastes; it's still raw fish!


Did you get the male exotic dancer I had delivered to your house on your big day?

Susan said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great night. Funny, I celebrated my "21st" birthday this year too : )

Conni said...

Nothing better than dinner with the hubby on your birthday. Jasper's sounds delish! Happy Birthday! Wish I could have helped you celebrate, but being in CA. makes it a tad-bit hard! I'll settle for the wonderful description of your dinner. Fabulous!

PureDesign said...

Happy late birthday...

Whenever I go to the Chic-Fil-e over off 620 and 183, they always say, "My pleasure" and it makes the experience so much better. Especially compared to all other fast food joints (I know that Chick-fil-e doesn't REALLY compare to Jaspers (which I've never heard of)).

Anyways I'll book mark your blog and visit it frequently.

PureDesign said...

By the way that's a REALLy cute picture of your family up at the top...

Natalie Benavides said...

ok so tell me when you finish that book! My mom Is telling all her friends to read it too. We should have a redeeming love party!! Haha it's seriously awesome!

Anonymous said...

You wanted to know where the trapeze class was...well it is in Austin at a place called The Crossings.