Christmas and New Years were great...maybe I'll get pictures up by next Christmas/New Years!
Yesterday I spent the day at the hospital with Shane. We had the first (and biggest) surgery to correct his jaw. This has been a many year process and we are glad it is done...I'm sure we'll all be even happier when recovery is behind us as well! Doctor said it went really well (he actually seemed surprised by this) and that it will make a big difference in not only eating, but breathing and speaking as well. Maybe I'll see if I can find some before x-rays to show you just what we were dealing with! (nothing in place or straight!) We have had some amazing doctors and dentists helping us out along the way! Now to finding soft foods Shane can eat for the next 3 months! Any non-dairy, soft food recipes you have, email them to me! Soups? Pasta dishes? Bring it on!

039_edited-1.jpg)
10 comments:
We're bringing it on! Tomorrow. Good reminder about the dairy. I had forgotten.
I wanted to call yesterday but I don't have you cell. How can that be? I was thinking of you guys, though!
good excuse to drink lots of milkshakes! hope he is feeling better soon.
So glad to hear that everything is looking up. And I am happy to see that you are up to date in changing the background of the blog too. Way to keep on top of that.
Let us know if you need anything, I do happen to have a few recipes that might actually work for you. I'll call you.
Hello Dimon family! I'm glad everything went so well with the surgery... We miss you here in Lubbock!
Poor Shane! Hopefully things will heal nicely and he'll be done with it all. I hope so! I'll have to give the soft foods thing some thought and see what I can come up with.
Oh I hope he has a quick recovery. Kyra had her tonsils out and was on "soft foods" for 2 weeks. It would be tough to come up with ideas of things to have on hand for 3 months. She was tired of noodles and rice after 2 days. Let me think about what I served her that was dairy free.
3 months of soft foods?! Sounds to me like Shane might be losing a few pounds...at least I would be!
Doesn't Hop Sing's have lots of noodle dishes?
kolbylexiI will call Ginger and get it, I don't even have it! I don't know if Brenda and Mike have one but I will find out from Tami. And thanks about the Birthday, it was a great one. I just can't believe I'm 30!!!! Brit
Hey Jenn! How was your battleship night?! I am going to send you all those fun activities I promised soon! I wanted to tell you thanks for sending Glen's shirt and Riley Dog! She was so happy and surprised to see it! The note was very thoughtful! THANKS! :) love ya!
I should have told you about our blog. I have looked at yours a few times b/c I saw it on Nicole's blog. I liked the post of Gemma singing. She has a great voice! I meant to send you a note on facebook to ask you how you know Angie Johnson. She is one of my friends from Tyler. Did you know she is pregnant with #7? Great to hear from you. Your family is beautiful.
Post a Comment