Many of you know that my brother was serving in Afganistan. Well, my kids prayed for Uncle Joe Joe every night he was gone. Joe Joe sent pictures of where he was, but the ones that my kids really remembered were the children and how small and dirty they were. I thought we had explained where Joe Joe was and what he was doing, but something got lost in transalation. Joe Joe has since returned, and one night recently Nicholas was saying the night prayer and this is what he said "Thank you that Joe Joe could go across the world and help the hobbits." How do you keep a straight face at that?! Apparently Nicholas has seen Lord of the Rings one too many times and associated the pictures of the children and people with the hobbits...not sure how! My brother got a good laugh though! We're glad he's home with us and we love all the people who serve our country...They are braver than I!
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

039_edited-1.jpg)
2 comments:
Great blog! This is way better than writing a dry journal. This has kids, hobbits, and butterflies! Thanks especially for the wedding photos. I'd have been there if I hadn't been a scab nurse in CA for all those striking nurses at the time.
Oh, Adam's getting married to Kari Green in August! See Facebook for more info.
love,
ann
I love it! I think "this" should now be referred to as Austin's "precious".
Post a Comment