Dimon Family

1 Longhorn + 1 Longhorn = 4 cute longhorns!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Catch Up!

So, I am not as consistent as I want to be with blogging...does thinking about it count?! This is why I have no journal to speak of...just boxes of memories! Lately I have been working extra hours (don't know if it is worth the money sometimes!) to help out the accountant I work for. The office was crazy Monday and Tues. He sent me home with 2 full size garbage bags of receipts someone brought in to sort and put into an excel spreadsheet. I always thought that was just in the movies or commercials, but people really do that! Here's the picture for proof! Wasn't the funnest way to spend my time, but at least I got paid for it. When I did Shane's receipts it was for free!!!


We went to the San Antonio Zoo last Friday. It was a perfect day weather wise, but I forgot that school groups show up this time of year. So for the first hour or so we were fighting groups of kids, but it died down and we were able to see everything we wanted. It's a great zoo, just big enough to make it worth the trip, but not so big you feel overwhelmed. We stopped in the butterfly exhibit (Yes Carrie I did get asked if I had any butterfly questions!!!) It was pretty cool though to see all the butterflies. Some would land on you if you were still enough. One really liked Nicholas' toes!



I got a picture with all the kids holding a butterfly except Austin...He was having none of it! He was ok as long as the butterflies didn't come near him! It was funny to watch him!


This is Gemma's friend Allie who went to the zoo with us.

Like Nate, Austin has the art of eye rolling down...it must be genetic! The other day Shane told him to do something and he rolled his eyes. Shane called him on it and he said he didn't roll his eyes. I explained to him that when you look up (showing him at the same time) like that it is called rolling your eyes and it is not nice...He looked at us and innocently said, "I was looking at the roof, not rolling my eyes!" Amazing!

So I need an opinion on something. I have the chance to go to a book signing for Stephanie Meyer in Houston. It would be overnight in May and I can't decide if I should go. Besides the cost of her new book, it would be hotel and food, but the hotel would be split. I only know one of the girls going, but it sounds like it might be a pretty big group. What do you think...Should I go?
Sounds crazy that I am even asking...I should just go huh?! BTW Anyone who wants to go can come down and we'll head over together! I just have to let the girl know by the end of April so she can get the books.

Gemma is playing volleyball and Shane was trying to help her with her serve...of course we know nothing! (when did that happen? Everyone else is more of an expert than her parents. I don't like that.. I used to know everything!) Luckily there is a lady in our ward who played in college, so I send Gemma to her when she needs help!





Wedding pictures will be coming soon...I realized I took like 3 with my camera because I kept forgetting it! but my sister was the photographer, so she'll be getting me a cd soon so I'll post those soon as well as our bluebonnet pictures...which was an adventure in itself! Tell you about that when I post them!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

So much to say, so little space.

1. That bag of receipts is awesome. I don't feel so bad about my financial organization skills now.

2. Was the butterfly question you asked "Do they....eat?"

3. It comes as no surprise that Austin has an explanation for eye rolling. That boy will try to talk his way through anything.

4. Just go get Stephenie Meyer's autograph. And while you're there, get her to sign one for me too! That would be so cool. Yeah, I'll pay you back. I might as well get it since I've got to re-read them all before #4 comes out.