Today I am heading to the gym and my car sputters...I make a quick turn around (don't want to end up on the highway just outside my neighborhood) and head not 1/4 mile and my car stalls. Yeah! Right in the middle of a school zone! I call Shane and he kindly tells me to pump the gas...like I haven't been doing that! so I wasn't very nice talking to him at that point...I get off the phone and call roadside. As I'm doing this, the crossing guard comes over and wants to know what's going on. I felt like saying "Just decided to take a break from life, right here in the middle of the road with my kid in the back. You got a problem?" but I tell him my car stalled. He's like, well you're not in a good spot...DUH!! Yet again, wanted to ask if he had super human strength and could push my car out of the way. But just told him I was calling a tow truck right then.
Long story short, Shane shows up and gets it started to drive it home, tow truck comes to take it to the shop...now we're waiting on the bill...
Got the bill...
$850! Can you believe it?! Apparently I have the one model year that GMC decided to try out a new gas tank system. After 1 year they decided it wasn't a good design. Long and the short of it: My fuel pump costs more than any other..I did get a second opinion and everyone said that this is the right cost. Looking on the bright side...at 175,000 mile on the car it's the first time we've had to replace it. A blessing considering that everyone we talked to with this model/year has had it done 2-3 times with less miles. I guess there's something to be said about driving on flat surfaces for a majority of the life of the car and keeping the oil changed! Oh well, it's only money. Can't take it when I die!! :)
Friday, October 10, 2008
I HATE MECHANICAL PROBLEMS!
Posted by Texas Dimons at 11:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

039_edited-1.jpg)
5 comments:
And just where would the crossing guard suggest a good spot for a car-stall would be?
lol.
hope you got it going fine.
Those are the most frustrating expenses, hard to get excited about it. Sorry!
:( Sorry to hear the news, but your story telling was quite entertaining. My emergency break just broke the other day, had to get that fixed. They fixed it while I waited, about 20 minutes worth of work....$130. I hate car trouble.
PS Love the new blog look and pic's.
Hey I just wanted to let you know that Geoff Johnson (AMY) passed away yesterday. I am soooo SAD!!!! It is on her blog www.amarajohnson.blogspot.com. Hope you and yours are well.
Love
Kim Maddock
CARS SUCK!
Post a Comment